Monday, November 10, 2008

Muuuch better!

Maybe one day I'll post something besides house stuff.

But, I had a VERY successful day! It totally made up for the sucky one I had just had. I unpacked about 8 boxes of kitchen stuff. Washed, dryed, and put away everything on temporary shelves until we get the new kitchen cabinets done.



Then, I rearranged a bunch of boxes and organized my mess. Timmy came over with a gallon of frozen daiquiris and we worked some more. OUT WITH THE POWER TOOLS!!!! I cut 2 new shelves for the bathroom cabinet and removed the door. (sounds dumb, but it is better) Still have to replace the trim.



We moved a very heavy futon to his house which was a real back-breaker. Then I had to return the big flat-screen TV that I had bought the night before. It worked for about 15 mins and then it died right before my very eyes. Piece of junk. Next, a quick stop a Lowe's for more lumber. Then home. Cut two more shelves for bathroom cabinet. (in the dark with daiquiri in hand)


Installed the gas line to the stove. Moved some heavy furniture around. Then caught a cold. In that order.

Brandy is happy to have her new stove. It's shiny and everyone knows that Bran likes shiny.
.

A very good day, indeed! Not sure what's next. We'll see. Maybe I'm on the ups!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

So Timmy got the futon huh. Did you guys haul it back up to the old place? Anyway all good glad you made some progress.

Susan said...

As a fellow HGTV nut, keep posting house stuff! It's looking good. I'm totally jealous of your stove/oven. I'm a dork for kitchen appliances.

Chris said...

yeah, kny. i had to lug that damn thing right back to my old place!

susan, i'm all over HGTV! more to come!

meowblack said...

I am so happy for U! There is such an awesome feeling of self-satisfaction when you can see the progression!! Kudos!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you make home ownership sound so...adventurous, yes, that's the word.

meowblack said...

Chris & B so rock! I just love their place...