Thursday, October 30, 2008

a very very very fine house....almost

Okay, it has been a while since I have posted anything but I'm starting to get back to the real world. Brandy and I have been in the new house for about a week now. It is still half boxed up and there is still a LOT to be done. We have accomplished a lot, but only because of the help of our ROCK STAR friends.

Christie and Kenny (and his bro one day!) came down for VooDoo Fest and helped us do all sorts of stuff around the house. There is no way we could have done so much alone. Festivals and home repairs mixed with lots of drinks? How did you do it? Thank you guys a million!!!!

Some of the tasks at hand were.....



demo of the ugly columns with my new SLEDGE HAMMER!!!!....



cutting down the ugly tree........



removing the 1970's metal trim from the window......



chipping away the mortar to re-brick the flower beds......



trimming the HUGE lemon tree.....

The list just goes on and on. Again, our friends are ROCK STARS!!!!

And then comes my replacement. We had to order all new appliances. They came in the other day and I have since been on the back burner. Brandy is now in love with her new fridge. She actually hugs it. (i swear) She rubs it and tells it "good morning." (i swear) I think she would sleep in there is it wasn't so cold. She's a happy girl.



We have lots of work left so I'll put up some pics when we get more done. Can't wait for some visitors in our new guest room!!

Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRANDY-BOO!!!!!!

Seacrest, out.

5 comments:

Archer said...

Lookin' good.
Happy b-day B!

Susan said...

Hooray for a new house :) I want to see more pictures. Keep 'em coming.

Unknown said...

Man I'm glad you finally got off your lazy ass and posted some pix. In regards to the help... it was fun... I'm ready for Round #2. Let's do some more stuff. The fridge looks cool (no pun intended.) Have a great birthday B!

meowblack said...

You are too sweet! We are weirdos. We love working on projects. Thanks for sharing your first few days in the new pad..

Lori said...

Wow..that is a good-looking fridge!