Sunday, December 7, 2008

Do You Know What It Means......

I was reading this article in the Gambit (local paper) about a TV show that was filmed in New Orleans in the late 80's. It was centered around a restaurant in the Treme area that supposedly "captured" the flavor of New Orleans perfectly. I was not familiar with it so of course I had to YouTube it. It was called "Frank's Place" and I must say, they did a pretty damn good job.

It was literally rescued from a dumpster in Hollywood and they are working to get it released on DVD maybe as a box set or something. The problem seems to be that a lot of the music and the theme song (by Louis Armstrong) would have to be purchased again for a DVD release. I would buy it.

Yeah, some of the acting is crap. But I think everyone who has ever been here can appreciate it.














3 comments:

Archer said...

You read? Nice.

I remember seeing or hearing about this show. I can't remember. It seems I have the CYarbro syndrome these days.

Unknown said...

I vaguely remember that show. I 'think' one of the main actors was the black guy on Barney Miller.

Anonymous said...

My parents liked that show. I was too young to care about it. But how could you not love anything with Venus Flytrap in it?