Friday, April 25, 2008

Mr. Peepers

As some of you know, Brandy and I have been raising a nasty orphan pigeon. He and his sibling were knocked out of their nest during a pigeon street fight. Sibling died and Mr Peepers (3 days old) turned into our problem. It has been nasty and messy and he's probably disease-ridden, but we've accidentally grown to love him.



We had to feed him with a syringe at first. (please note that when I say we, it mostly means Brandy)






Then, Brandy decided to teach him how to perch. I think Peepers thinks Brandy is his mama. He chases her around the balcony sticking his beak up her pajama legs. She wouldn't let me put pajama video on here. But it's funny.




He still lives on our balcony. Brandy has an opened cage out there but he only sleeps in it. He just hangs out.


Time to learn how to fly! Poor Weezy is so ready to go outside and eat that little shit!







Okay, time for some REAL flying. Sorry about the sideways video. Just tilt your head.



If I had my way, he would just come to visit on the balcony but go live somewhere else. Just be a friend-bird. We're trying to think of where he would be safe. Our neighbor who works at the Zoo says that the park is full of predatory birds that would kill him. Brandy thinks the pigeons at Cafe du Monde have it made and that he should go live there. I might take him Sunday to let him check out the Quarter. See if he likes it. See if he "belongs" there. I'll keep you posted. I'm sure you are all VERY concerned about the future of this shit-scratcher.

4 comments:

Archer said...

That's the first time I've ever seen a baby pigeon. He's pretty ugly. Well, maybe cute ugly.
Just so you know, that bird ain't never leavin'.

Kevin said...

I think it is f'n funny you guys are the proud parents of a baby pigeon. Like mint julep says, that bird ain't never leavin'.

Unknown said...

Maybe if you kick his ass to the curb downtown he won't be able to find his way back to 'his' balcony Krazy Yo.

kirsten said...

Ooo, look at weezy droolin over that little morsel. I played the videos and Doodle got all excited thinking there was a baby bird for him to eat. y'all are such proud parents. and i concur with kevin and julep's opinions -- y'all done it now. just ask yaggy about the baby squirrel she raised back in cackalack.