Wednesday, July 29, 2009

M-I-crooked letta-crooked letta-I-crooked letta-crooked letta-I-hump back-hump back-I

Made a trip to Mississippi this weekend. Need I say that I found 3 delicious meals. One at the Pit & Cone, a BBQ and ice cream place. The sides weren't much to speak of, but I didn't come for the sides. The BBQ was something that New Orleans lacks. Maybe the ONLY food that we lack.







Next was a wonderful pork tenderloin and all the fixin's at Michaels house. We then proceded to get smashed on many many bottles of wine and a night cap of Vodka/Red Bull?????







The next day we took a ride across Tupelo, MS to Elvis Presley's birthplace. I've been a few times when I was younger, but I needed a refresher.







Yep, it was still a two-room shack. Just like I remembered it. But it was cool.







3rd meal was from the beautiful roadside Dairy Kream. A cheeseburger, some onion rings, and a milkshake that claimed to "bring everyone to the yard." Mine was a mixture of Butterscotch and Fudge as recommended by the little chubby girl taking my order thru a shoebox-sized window. I was happy. Well, happy until the toothless fah-reeks came around. Yeah, there was a total 'tard infestation but I enjoyed my milkshake nonetheless.





Dammit, I shoulda bought that Milkshake shirt.

4 comments:

Archer said...

Did Michael cook that meal? That shit looks good!
Vodka red bull nightcap? Those days are long gone.
You should have definitely bought that t-shirt!!

Susan said...

Great photos!!!

Unknown said...

Man that shirt was horrific.

Lori said...

How many Lbs did you put on during that little trip?