Sunday, May 4, 2008

The Imposter

So, I was returning home from running at Audubon Park the other day and when I pulled into my driveway, I noticed something moving on the ground. Oh, Mr Peepers! He must have learned to fly! But he looked a little limpy or hurt or something. So, I scooped him up and took him back upstairs to the balcony only to find the REAL Mr Peepers staring right at me. I was holding some nasty street bird with no home training. EEWWW!

After calling Brandy with my free hand and asking her what to do, street-bird was quickly returned to the ground. We didn't want another bird. Like Bran said, we just have to let nature take it's course.....this time. He has been lingering around for days now. Just sitting on the steps or near the driveway everyday when we leave or come home. I just walk around him and ignore him like he's a homeless person. We have enough going on with Peeps.

I guess the word in pigeon world is that Mr Peepers has it good because they all just sit around on rooftops and stare at our balcony. We are constantly surrounded. Everybody just wants the good life like this fellow has.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hahaha... man by the time this is all said and done you guys are gonna have scabies or something... makes my scalp itch. Just kidding. What ever plague Peeps is playing host to will probably not make the jump from bird to human. Hopefully.

Kevin said...

Ole Girls in a shoe

There were two ole grrlls who lived in a shoe....They had some many pigeons they didn't know what to do...

Ha. Ha.

Archer said...

Alright, y'all need to stop with the pigeon boarding house. We've actually been trying to kill one in our backyard for a few days now. Andoe finally went out and bought some bullets.

truedat said...

i cant believe what y'all have done for that ugly little bird. i was really impressed with brandy's syringe apparatus to feed him. and by the way--he looks very at home on your shoulder!